The Scenic Art Builders Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Scenic Art Builders Association

All about how to create scenic models

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Virtual Town

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
scouseyuk

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2007-08-09

Virtual Town Empty
PostSubject: Virtual Town   Virtual Town Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2007 4:24 pm

A few years back there was a thing going on, in the Hirstarts forum. It was known as Hirstopia or something similar. From what I recall, the premise was quite simple, a street plan was drawn up, divided into many individual plots and people claimed areas for development. So for example forum users might have chosen to build the town's first inn or smithy or bakery...they would submit their idea and be granted a plot.

I don't know how far they got with the idea, because around that time I got drawn into other things, but I think they may have had an html page drawn up, so that clicking on an individual plot on the street plan, opened up a picture of that building. Alas when my interest in Hirstarts was rekindled, Hirstopia had faded into obscurity.

I remember when I first stumbled upon Hirstopia, feeling that there was an amazing potential. Not just to showcase the models people had made, but to weave them together into a coherent story. To create, in effect, a fantasy world.

Does anyone here remember anything about Hirstopia? .. What do people think, is this something you would be prepared to contribute to? Any feedback at all would be appreciated.
Back to top Go down
fox-uk
Admin

Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2007-08-08

Virtual Town Empty
PostSubject: Re: Virtual Town   Virtual Town Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2007 4:24 pm

Tried to post yesterday but everything went frits.......
--------------------------------

Count us in for a corner plot - we'll make the Egyptopagan temple of Aten

That's what we're working on at the mo' but life keeps getting in the way of carving..........

I think this is a great idea and we could even twin with Hirstopia if that gets resurected in the States.

Just a thought - wouldn't it be great to combine the town with a gathering where we all bring along our buildings to see the town in real life. I know that this would be for the future but it would be fun.

Weaving it into a story would be a challenge - how would we go about this? Could we list residents of the buildings? Likes and dislikes? Or even a story may not be beyond us.

Would such a story be serious, tragic a comedy or all of these things depending on where someone started. Blue plaques on buildings comemorating the birthplaces of famous residents.

Ok so I'm going to stop before I get carried away....

Jon
Back to top Go down
SABA Admin
Admin
SABA Admin

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2007-08-08

Virtual Town Empty
PostSubject: Re: Virtual Town   Virtual Town Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2007 5:51 am

Hi everyone......

i'm calling on our member to take this idea to the next level by becoming a Community Project's leader/leadership?... sunny

Thanx

Neil.
Back to top Go down
https://saba.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

Virtual Town Empty
PostSubject: Re: Virtual Town   Virtual Town Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Virtual Town
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Scenic Art Builders Association :: The Scenic Art Builders Association :: Community Project's-
Jump to: