The Scenic Art Builders Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Scenic Art Builders Association

All about how to create scenic models

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

An intro to Gaming..........

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
fox-uk
Admin

Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2007-08-08

An intro to Gaming.......... Empty
PostSubject: An intro to Gaming..........   An intro to Gaming.......... Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2007 6:06 am

OK so, as most of you know, herself and I have no idea what wargaming is about. She did do a bit of D&D but I'm kinda too old.

We got involved in this stuff through the 'dolls house and castle' route for making stuff for the grandkids and got sidetracked on the way.

The HELP is - Is there one book or magazine that would give an introduction to wargaming for a complete novice?

I'm probably having far too much fun carving bits and pieces to ever get around to wargaming BUT I would like to know what the heck you are all talking about Embarassed

All the best,

Jon
Back to top Go down
billywizuk

billywizuk

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2007-08-09

An intro to Gaming.......... Empty
PostSubject: Re: An intro to Gaming..........   An intro to Gaming.......... Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2007 10:53 am

A good site mate is: http://www.helium.com/tm/392057/youve-decided-wargaming-thing. They give you a run down of generic setups that cover most wargaming rules systems and background rules etc. Give it a looksee. There are loads of different books available if you check Amazon but I'd hate to side with one over another as most are biast towards a particular game setting.

BillyWiz
Back to top Go down
http://billywiz-productions.mysite.orange.co.uk/

An intro to Gaming..........
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Scenic Art Builders Association :: Requests for Information and Help-
Jump to: